Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 06, 2008

January 6, 2008

Aiden & Riley


Go Pats!!!!

I think at this point the girls have had enough... They are looking at each other like Hey when is this over..

It's now a new year.. Can you believe it? How time flies by is just crazy...
Aiden had a wonderful Christmas and was SPOILED ROTTEN by my parents. (What is an 18 month old going to do with a drum set) Oh Lord!!!! So lets just say the closet is enjoying a few of the toys until we find a bigger place to move to (hopefully by summer).
He really wasn't into opening presents like I thought he'd be. He like to tear paper and make a mess so I thought it would be right up his ally, but nope.. Maybe next year.. Eh...
We still had a nice Christmas though. We spend it and have dinner with my family and then the following weekend we have a mini Christmas with Chuck's family. Both were nice days.

Aiden is walking a lot better. I wouldn't say he is officially "walking" yet because he still falls and still needs assistance by holding a hand a lot, but he did walk across my moms kitchen Friday night and Saturday morning all by himself. The funny thing is, he thinks it is hysterical. He cracks up laughing and then gets himself going that he laughs so hard he can hardly stand up. It's the funniest sight and ends up making me laugh so hard I cry. He is such a giggly kid, i love it.
As for EI, he is doing wonderful with drinking. We haven't used his g-tube in a few weeks to bolus him with fluids at all. He's done enough to keep himself hydrated all on his own. What a kid! He learns so fast sometimes. All you have to do is show him someting once or twice and he has it down packed. Like getting on and off his bouncing zebra (by fisher price) at first he didn't realize you had to hold yourself on. Then once I showed him, he did fab and learned to get off it with out falling on him bum with no trouble at all.

In doctor news, he now weighs 24 pounds and 12 ounces and is 31 inches. He is no longer my Chubby baby. He's still got some meat on him, but nothing like his baby chub he had and the boy can eat when he wants to. He's just a happy healthy boy, what more could you want..
He got his booster shots and RSV shots on Thurs. I felt so bad I almost broke down. The poor kid had to get 5 needles.. FIVE!!! all at once.. Oh my heart broke and HE CRIED!! but soon after he was ok. He did however stare at his nurses for a while when we were making our next appt as to say "back off ladies, i don't like you two anymore"
He also has an MRI this week on Wed. He was enrolled in the study for preemies who had brain bleeds when they were born. Most preemies do, but not all i the area he had them in. When they asked to enroll him, me and Chuck agreed figuring it's not going to hurt him and if it can help out someone else going through what we did then why not do it.
The only kicker is for the MRI they have to sedate him. It's always scary when a little one gets sedated for something, but we will be there right by his side and my mom is coming up to stay with the girls til we get back since we'll be at the hospital for about 4 hours or so.

Other then that there is really nothing new. He's just a "normal kid" doing "normal things" as far as I am concerned. Oh and we have a new word.. CAT!! After me saying it 1000 times a day he finally says it. I might have mentioned it before but I can't remember.
he doesn't say much still, but I know in time it will come. It is the one thing he is a bit behind on (talking) I think, but EI isn't worried about it so i guess I shouldn't either.
out words are (of course) DUDDA!, and then sometimes MUMMA (not as much as he use to say it), NUNNA, YA, HI, CAT, actually none of them he says a lot, besides Dudda, but we talk to him all the time and you can see him trying to copy you. I think once he does talk we are not going to be able to get him to shut up.. LOL

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

They're so cute Jess... everyone is getting so big!! ah!!