Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 26, 2007

February 26, 2007




It has been a crazy few weeks with Aiden, he seems to be having a growth spurt and a cranky faze. Trust me the kid has every right to be cranky, i just wish someone could tell me for sure if he is teething. That seems to be his problem most times. Its either gas or he has sore gums. I assume he is teething but so far no real word on it. He does have his 9 month check up coming on the 7th when he gets his next RSV shot so we will see what they say.

As for the "bottle" its been crazy. Some days he will take 2 ounces at a time and other days one. Then some times he wants no part of it. The kid has no problem putting toys in his mouth of sucking his binki, eating from a spoon or chewing your shoulder, but when it comes to a bottle he just doesnt want to drink from it long enough to get a full belly.. At this point I dont know what to do and we are just taking it one day at a time. When he drinks from it he doesnt choke or have a problem at all, he even does better with thin liquid now too but he just wont take a full feed. I think the only part that bums me out about this is that he will have to have the gtube longer. Its not a hassle and it makes things easy at times but it gets ikky and sore from rubbing and i am sure that Aiden would like it much better if it were gone.

As for his Early Intervention, he is doing wonderful. He is just a fun talkitive baby and just seems to love people (most of the time) unless he is having one of them "moments"
All in all he is doing great. I am sure he is not ahead of schedule as some of the preemies I know but hes doing really well and that is all that matters to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey now my little man - be nice to Mommie! It's frustrating during teething season and so exciting to see that first tooth bump! Good luck with that (to all of you)... We LOVE those pics Auntie Jess, keep them coming!
Lotsa Love, Hugs and Kisses,
Elisa, RJ & Olivia

Anonymous said...

Those pics are precious!! He's such a sweet boy! Hang in there with the fussiness... I know it's tough, but believe it or not it DOES eventually end! :) I speak from experience on that one!!!
it was lovely to get to hold him for a moment or two the other day! If ever you need a break and need someone to hold him for a while just bring him upstairs! I'd be happy to help out! :)