Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

May 7, 2008

Kill the bug already would ya!!!

The bug has come to visit again and attacked Aiden. The poor kid, he finally gets his tube out and then gets the flu or what I thought was the flu but man it lasted a lot longer then 24 to 48 hrs. It started last tuesday and then I got him to the docs this tuesday when he still was sick. Over the week end I thought it was going away. Saturday he got up felt better ate some, played, had a little lunch and then about 7pm it started all over again. Severe poops and puking. He had the poops so bad that I was changing him every 30 mins at one point if not more. I don't know how he lasted if it was me I would of been such a bigger baby then he was. So Tuesday we took him to the pedi and they drew blood to see if he was dehydrated cause he really wasn't eating. I was pushing fluids the best I could, and he could keep down crackers, toast, and as funny as it sounds coffee rolls from dunkins, so when I could get out we'd get him some. I gave him pedialyte but he refused it after the first one, then I started with the vitamin water cause he likes them. Well the doc said to keep up what I was doing, that he wasn't dehydrated, and his weight was fine, he weighed in at 25.2 after a week of hardly eating and poopin it all out.
So as of today we only pooped once, and he is back to eating, but still not 100% himself. By night time he gets worn down cranky and whiny. He gets clumsy too and it sometimes takes a little snuggle to get him to sleep. Tonight was worse then most nights. He fought it and then was just cranky but finally went down at 11:21pm.. THANK YOU..

Here is hoping he is back to himself by the week end. I hate when my bug is sick.. Grrrrr

And a Happy Birthday to my Oma (from Aiden) That is grandma in German, today is her Birthday and we had intentions of stopping over but with my bug having the bug and me tripping over toys, kids and packing boxes I never did get out of the house after Chuck went to work.

No comments: